Business Voice Mail and Messaging Service
A full-featured Flash-based business voice mail service and auto attendant are fully integrated into Xcelerator™ IP – no additional cards or licenses are required. The system can serve up to 4 stations simultaneously and has a 4-hour recording capacity.
The flexible Auto Attendant voice messaging service time/date stamps all messages and provides the following options to incoming callers:
- Dial a station number to reach someone
- Leave a message in a particular mailbox
- Play music on hold or announcements, such as hours of operation or driving directions.
The Auto Attendant provides the following features to users:
- Play Day, Night, Lunch, Holiday and Temporary Greetings and messages
- Send voice messages to e-mail inboxes as .WAV attachments
- Forward incoming calls to other extensions
- Play prompts in two languages
Because Xcelerator IP supports both IP and analog (copper) trunking, it can support emergency 911 calls by provisioning a local copper line. Copper trunking is required to ensure that the Central Office is in the same Local Access and Transport Area (LATA) as the installed location. The analog line is not reserved for 911 support and can be used for regular calling as well as failover in the event of power failure. In the event of power failure, Xcelerator IP automatically falls back to the analog phone lines.
Xcelerator IP features a powerful yet easy-to-use Web-based setup wizard that walks the administrative user through each step required to configure the system. This application enables quick and easy access to the system to configure extensions, phone directories, numbering plans and auto attendant schedules from virtually anywhere. The system administrator can also back up messages, the system database and voice files to a PC